Monday, April 22, 2013

Imgaes from a Self-Assignment... And My Thoughts about the Impact Quickbox

Last summer, I bought an Impact Quickbox softbox as an alternative for my 24" Westcott Apollo softbox and of course I wanted to test it.  Last summer, I brought an Impact Quickboxsoftbox as an alternative for my 24" Westcott Apollo softbox and of course I wanted to test it.  So I took the opportunity to test it during one of my self-assignments.

I LOVE live this softbox! So much so that I hardly use my 24" Apollo anymore.  With the Westcott Apollo, the flash is mounted in the softbox and aimed towards the back so when fired, the flash hits the back of the silver lined Apollo then bounces forward through the front causing some power loss by the time flash reaches the subject.  However, the Impact Quickbox, the flash mounts on the back of the softbox so when the flash fires, it fires straight through the softbox so there is less of a power loss.  It's just such a great softbox.

Below are some of the images from the shoot with the last three being ones I shot with the Imapct Quickbox.   I already posted images from my first shoot with the Quickbox here
For this shoot I incorporated my continued test of softbox with  a self-assignment I gave myself with model Angelina Lee.  The shoot  was part of my on going effort to improve as a photographer.  I wanted continue to explore the use of natural light, in addition to mixing it with strobe/flash, while doing little location scouting.  It was a lot to do in one shoot, but I think did we ok.   Please let me know what you think and thanks for stopping by.










No comments:

Post a Comment